This system consists of a number of applications, some intended for end-user use and others intended to support other applications.
More detailed documentation is also available:
- Help — Documentation for application users.
- System Documentation — Detailed information for system administrators and developers.
The applications that make up the system communicate with a common database and as few as possible other systems. Communication with other systems that multiple applications can be expected to require will be routed through purpose-specific applications so that most code only needs to communicate with the database.
These are applications created in response to client needs. They have at least one interface intended to be used by a reasonably broad audience which is not expected to be familiar with technical details of this system.
- Instructional Support — Support for administration of classes, in particular examination seating and printing.
- Graduate Admissions — Support for processing of applications for graduate studies.
These are applications created to support other applications. They may support the above User Applications, each other, or other applications not part of this system. Direct users of these applications will need to be familiar with at least some technical details.
- Mail Sending — Support for sending email as part of a database transaction.
- Printing — Support for printing as part of a database transaction.
- Quest — Data from Quest (or which should be in Quest) in a form useful for other applications.
- WatIAM — Data from WatIAM in a form useful for other applications.
- Identity — Identity data, including the stable Person ID unique identifier.
- Data — Support for data import and handling.